Learning from Home
Although school is closed, this is not a holiday and it is important that children continue along their learning journey during this time. To help you with this, we have developed a schedule of learning and will provide you with planning and resources as much as possible. The more you are able to help your child with their learning during this time the better.
- 30 minutes reading* daily – preferably to an adult
- 60 minutes exercise daily
- Daily writing activity (planning provided)
- Daily maths activity (planning provided)
- Weekly spellings/phonics/sounds learning (lists and activities provided - please check the class page of the teacher who teaches your child for phonics or spelling).
- Daily 15-30 minutes Times Tables Rock Stars for children in Year 2, 3, 4.
- A few minutes each day on our new NUMBOTS resource (please see NUMBOTS INFORMATION FOR PARENTS below for further information).
- Theme learning (activities provided)
- Other learning (taken from Computing, Art, Music, DT or RE)
*We are unable to provide reading books at this time, please enjoy the books you have at home and explore the internet for the many wonderful resources which have been made available at this time.
- Check on Harold, the happy, healthy giraffe, who the children know from their visits to the Life Education Bus. He will be posting a daily blog: Harold’s Daily Diary, which can be found on this link:
Each day he’ll be giving children positive, fun messages about what he’s doing to stay happy and healthy while he’s off school, separated from his friends. He’ll invite the children to join in with activities he’s doing.
He’ll be giving children ideas for how he – and they – can get a routine going for their day, including the things we all need to do to live a balanced, healthy life. These include:
· Taking regular exercise
· Being creative
· Helping others
· Connecting with others – in ways that are safe
- Lots of companies are providing free resources to help parents out. Check out the resources and ideas on our Fun Ideas Poster and in the PE Activity Ideas:
If you have questions, queries or feedback about the activities, we have created new email addresses which will be checked at least once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Please be aware that all teachers will be monitoring all accounts and responding to the emails.
Class specific email addresses:
We very much look forward to seeing you all again. Until then we wish you and your loved ones a happy, healthy time together.
Please have a look at these resources that are designed to support parents and carers with helping children with their decoding and reading comprehension: